Brightlingsea: Woman dead after fire on houseboat in Morgan’s Boatyard
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
A woman has died after a houseboat fire in Essex.
It happened at Morgan’s Boatyard in Copperas Road, Brightlingsea earlier this morning.
Police were called just before 7.55am with the fire service and Essex Air Ambulance also in attendance.
The fire was extinguished by 8.49 by six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets.
The fire crews also rescued one woman from the boat and she was given emergency medical assistance by police, paramedics and doctors from the air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
However the woman was pronounced dead at the scene. An investigation into the fire will be carried out but it is not thought to be suspicious.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder