Brilliant bonnets on display as children stride out for Easter parade
- Credit: Su Anderson
The last day of term came with added excitement at one Suffolk school, where pupils lined up to show off their finest festive headgear for the annual Easter bonnet parade.
Children from Easton Primary School, near Woodbridge, strode to the village church in their best homemade headdresses for an Easter service, before returning to scavenge for chocolate eggs to take home at the end of the day.
A competition for best bonnet was won by Hugo Jamie, with Jonny Brooks and Samuel Whitfield named first and second runners-up.
Diane Payne, Class One teacher, said: “The Easter bonnets were judged before the children paraded through the village for all to see.
“We invited members of the parish and the preschool along to the church service before coming back to school for the big Easter egg hunt.
You may also want to watch:
“Parents and members of the community joined us for hot cross buns.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results