Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- Credit: Lauren De Boise
Britain's poshest train, the Northern Belle, will be passing through Ipswich next year as part of a sightseeing trip.
The train will be departing from Ipswich station at 8.15am on June 30 next year to take East Anglian passengers on a tour of the ancient Roman city of Chester.
A champagne reception and fine dining will be provided to the passengers, including a three course brunch on the outward journey and a seven course dinner.
Once belonging to the Orient express group, the luxury train is made up of 1930s style Pullman carriages named after famous castles and stately homes.
Tickets cost £375 per passenger.
The Northern Belle is also offering shorter round trips including a classic afternoon tea or seven course meal travel lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Both of these excursions depart from Ipswich at 1.15pm on July 1.
All journeys feature strolling musicians and table magicians to entertain the guests.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed