Brockford: Woman trapped after collision
A WOMAN was left medically trapped following a collision between two vehicles.
Emergency services, including a fire crew and three of the fire services rescue appliances, were called to the scene of the crash on the A140 at Brockford. Crews arrived at the scene at 4.49pm.
A spokesperson for the fire service said that the crash left both cars upright with one situated off the road and another partially blocking the carriageway.
A woman was left medically trapped and slightly trapped by the vehicle but crews had managed to release her by 5.45pm.
They stabilised both cars and removed the roof of one of the vehicle using hydraulic cutting equipment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said that the road had been closed because “the position of the vehicles was very dangerous”. The road was only closed for 15minutes will the fire service was at the scene.
The woman involved in the collision was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming