Long delays and A12 closure after broken down vehicle
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A lane is closed on the A12 at Colchester due to a broken down vehicle which is causing more than eight miles of queueing traffic.
Highways England tweeted about the closure, which was caused by a broken down vehicle in lane one between junction 27 and junction 28, heading northbound towards Ipswich.
According to the AA route map, the incident was first reported at 6.14pm and is causing congestion past junction 25 at Marks Tey.
The broken down vehicle is between the Avenue of Remembrance Roundabout and Colchester United Football Ground.
Lane one of two is closed while recovery is arranged.
Highways England tweeted: "Be aware that there are long delays on approach to this incident on the #A12 northbound between J27 and J28 (near Colchester).
"Average journey times are 40 minutes longer than normal for this time of day, and there's over five and a half miles of congestion."
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005