Brothers are cleared of attacking man with knuckle duster at West Meadows travellers’ site
Two brothers accused of pressing a shotgun into a man’s face and hitting him with a knuckle duster while attempting to rob him have been cleared.
Ryan Howard, 24, of Monastery Court, Hadleigh, and Robert Howard, 21, of Main Road, Kesgrave, denied attempting to rob Konrad Butler and possessing an imitation shotgun and a knuckle duster. They were found not guilty.
Ipswich Crown Court had heard the brothers had taken Mr Butler to West Meadows travellers’ site in Ipswich on June 18 at his request. They left when they told they shouldn’t be there. As they left they said they saw Mr Butler in the middle of the road flagging cars down and saw a car pull up on the kerb and Mr Butler approaching it. It was alleged that on the day Robert Howard picked up Mr Butler and drove him to Ryan Howard’s home.
They went to West Meadows as one of the Howard brothers allegedly wanted to look at a horse.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting, claimed while at the site Ryan Howard pressed a shotgun against Mr Butler’s nose and asked him where his money was and accused him of being a “grass”.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Butler was allegedly struck on the back of his head with a knuckle duster by Robert Howard and he was punched on the head.
After falling to the ground Mr Butler allegedly grabbed the brothers’ ankles causing them to fall over. Mr Butler allegedly ran in front of a car in to get help and told the driver he had been assaulted with a knuckle duster and threatened with a shotgun.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks