Bucklesham/Levington: Villagers urged to step up security after crime spree
POLICE are today investigating a crime spree after several incidents in Bucklesham and Levington.
Officers are urging motorists to remove valuables from their vehicles after a series of thefts in which computers, phones and cash were taken.
A police spokeswoman said a laptop computer, mobile phone, two coats and a quantity of change was stolen after a Vauxhall Corsa parked in Meadow View, Bucklesham, was broken into between 7.30pm on Tuesday and 7.30am on Wednesday.
A VW Polo parked at Levington Lane, Levington, was entered and searched between 4pm on Tuesday and 5am on Wednesday but nothing was stolen, while at Church Close, Bucklesham, a Ford Mondeo was entered and items including an iPod, headphones and a games console were taken.
Police are linking the thefts to a burglary at Forge Close, Bucklesham, between 10pm on Tuesday and 7.15am on Wednesday where small room attached to the garage of the property was entered and bottles of soft drinks and clothes washing liquid were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are also investigating a criminal damage incident where someone attempted to steal lead from the roof of Bucklesham Primary School during the night.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious or has any information about those responsible should call Felixstowe police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks