Teen arrested after man assaulted with weapon in Suffolk town
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been arrested following an assault in Bungay which saw a man injured with a weapon.
The incident happened shortly before 12.45am on Sunday, February 16, when a group of males was assaulted by another in Hillside Road East.
A man in his 20s sustained swelling to his face and a deep cut to the left cheek after police say he was hit with a weapon during the attack.
Following an investigation, a 15-year-old boy was arrested on Friday, Feburary 21, on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.
The teenager has since been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw a group of males in the area before or after the attack should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/9910/20.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash