Bungay: Man, 27, arrested on suspicion of alleyway assault
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an incident in Bungay.
The 27-year-old from the town was taken into custody yesterday evening and interviewed by detectives.
On Sunday, April 3 a woman in her 30s was walking along Upper Olland Street in Bungay when a man allegedly grabbed her from behind at shortly before 1am.
He pulled her into an alleyway and then allegedly assaulted her.
The man let go of her and she was able to run back towards Upper Olland Street where members of the public came to her aid.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old man has now been released on bail to return to Lowestoft Police Station on May 24.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to call Detective Simon Bridgland at Lowestoft CID on 01473 613500.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close