Burglar steals cash in Clacton Leisure Centre raid
- Credit: Archant
A burglar stole up to £40 in cash after breaking in to Clacton Leisure Centre.
The raider wore a dark coat and jeans and smashed a glass panel in the entrance door to get into the Valence Way site. He took cash from a regularly emptied vending machine, containing no more than £40.
The break-in happened at 3am on Friday. The intruder left at 3.20am and headed towards Vista Road.
Before getting into the building they are seen on CCTV cameras jogging across the car park from the direction of Clacton County High School.
The entrance door to the leisure centre has been boarded up and will be replaced with glass as soon as possible.
Mark Platt, Tendring district councillor for leisure, said it was the second break-in to take place recently.
He said: “The last one was on December 1 and again a very small amount of money was taken.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 9 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 10 North Stander: With goals from elsewhere, do we need another striker?
“Someone may have seen or heard something and I would urge them to come forward with any information which may help catch the person responsible.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Clacton Police.