Burglar steals cash in Clacton Leisure Centre raid
- Credit: Archant
A burglar stole up to £40 in cash after breaking in to Clacton Leisure Centre.
The raider wore a dark coat and jeans and smashed a glass panel in the entrance door to get into the Valence Way site. He took cash from a regularly emptied vending machine, containing no more than £40.
The break-in happened at 3am on Friday. The intruder left at 3.20am and headed towards Vista Road.
Before getting into the building they are seen on CCTV cameras jogging across the car park from the direction of Clacton County High School.
The entrance door to the leisure centre has been boarded up and will be replaced with glass as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Platt, Tendring district councillor for leisure, said it was the second break-in to take place recently.
He said: “The last one was on December 1 and again a very small amount of money was taken.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
“Someone may have seen or heard something and I would urge them to come forward with any information which may help catch the person responsible.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Clacton Police.