Burglar steals handbag of woman in 70s by faking a blaze
A burglar tricked his way into a home in Essex by pretending there was a fire.
The suspect knocked on the door of an address in Mercers Way, Colchester, at about 9.30pm on September 20.
When the victim, a woman aged in her 70s, answered the door, he claimed there was a fire at the back of the property.
He entered the home, took a handbag containing money, and left.
The suspect was described as white, 5ft 9ins tall, of average build, and aged in his 50s.
You may also want to watch:
He had mousy brown curly hair and wore a black anorak-style top with a diamond pattern.
Anyone with information is asked to call Dc Shelley Tarling at Colchester CID on 101.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast