Victim ‘clung to car bonnet’ as burglar accelerated off driveway
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A victim was thrown from the bonnet of their car while trying to stop a burglar stealing the vehicle in the middle of the night.
They were left with minor injuries after clinging to the car as it accelerated off a driveway in Lakenheath.
The burglar gained entry to the house in Earls Field through an unlocked back door at some point between 3am and 3.50am on Tuesday, August 6.
They stole keys from inside and used them to unlock a car on the driveway.
The owner attempted to stop the theft by standing in front of the vehicle and holding onto the bonnet, but the car accelerated fast and knocked them aside.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle is a Chevrolet Cruze LS, a white four-door saloon car, with the registration number AY62FLG.
Officers have asked witnesses, or anybody who may have seen the vehicle since, to contact West CID on 101, quoting crime reference 37/46473/19.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon