Burglars at house in Beck Row make off without stealing anything after being caught in the act
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Two burglars left a home in Beck Row empty handed yesterday after being disturbed.
The incident happened between 4.15pm and 4.30pm in St Johns Street.
The burglars, both men, were discovered near an insecure back door. One was outside and the other inside near the door.
They both ran away onto the main road and police were called to search the area but were unable to locate the pair.
It is not thought anything was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The first man is described as white, about 18-years-old, approximately 5ft 7in tall, with blonde hair and a spotty complexion. He was wearing a dark-coloured coat.
The second man is described as black, also about 18-years-old and around 5ft 7in tall, with afro-style hair and wearing a dark-coloured coat.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the village, or who has information about the incident, is asked to contact the Bury St Edmunds Priority Crime Team on 101.