Burglary suspect parks outside Bury St Edmunds home and leaves car engine running
A home was burgled in Bury St Edmunds after the suspect parked outside and left his engine running.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the break-in around 3.50pm on Tuesday, October 10, at a property in Sicklesmere Road.
A secure front door was forced open and an untidy search of an upstairs bedroom was made.
Following the search, the suspect left the property in a silver Kia Picanto hatchback, believed to be a 2008 model, which was parked outside with the engine running and its hazard lights on.
The car was parked facing out of the town, before being driven up the road slightly, where it turned in a drive, before heading back towards the town.
You may also want to watch:
It was then driven away erratically at speed along the busy road.
The male suspect is described as being white, aged between 18-20 years old, approximately 5ft 9in tall, of small build and with very short shaved hair. He was wearing shiny, slim-fitting Adidas tracksuit bottoms with three white stripes down each side and the logo at the top of the leg.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
He was also wearing a matching tracksuit top with a hood which was down.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information concerning it.
Witnesses should contact PC Naomi Harger at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101, quoting crime number 66250/17, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.