New banking degree to be offered at West Suffolk College
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk College will offer students a new banking degree from September in partnership with The London Institute of Banking and Finance.
The new banking practice and management degree will focus on various topics relating to banking and wider financial services sector, and will be the first of its kind in the region.
Angela Demoore, subject lead in accounting and finance, said: “To be able to partner with such a prestigious awarding body offers a fantastic opportunity for prospective students in this region.
“Not only is this a degree in the banking and finance sector unique, but students will learn from industry experts and get the chance to visit the Institute’s university campus in London for guest lectures.
“They will also have access to amplify trading, which is a well-respected research operation used as a development tool for new trading practitioners.”
You may also want to watch:
The course will be taught at the college’s bespoke university studies building by qualified teachers as well as industry experts and bankers.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight