Man who died in A14 lorry crash is named
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian who died after being involved in a crash with a lorry near Bury St Edmunds has been named by police.
Officers were called at just after 8.15pm on Wednesday, January 15 to reports of a collision involving a green Scania lorry with two trailers and the man on the A14.
The road was closed for several hours after the incident.
The pedestrian, 54-year-old Andrew Gibbins, from Bury St Edmunds, died at the scene.
Suffolk Constabulary have provisionally identified Mr Gibbins, pending a formal coroner's inquest.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has relevant dash-cam footage is asked to contact police quoting CAD number 401 of 15 January.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 8 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed