Man who died in A14 lorry crash is named
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian who died after being involved in a crash with a lorry near Bury St Edmunds has been named by police.
Officers were called at just after 8.15pm on Wednesday, January 15 to reports of a collision involving a green Scania lorry with two trailers and the man on the A14.
The road was closed for several hours after the incident.
The pedestrian, 54-year-old Andrew Gibbins, from Bury St Edmunds, died at the scene.
Suffolk Constabulary have provisionally identified Mr Gibbins, pending a formal coroner's inquest.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has relevant dash-cam footage is asked to contact police quoting CAD number 401 of 15 January.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 6 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout