Bury St Edmunds/Brandon: Police investigating burglaries
POLICE in Bury St Edmunds are appealing for information after a teenage burglar was disturbed in a property before making off.
The incident happened in Ion Road at about 5.20pm yesterday.
A police spokesman said: “The homeowner walked into their kitchen and disturbed a boy who had stolen cigarettes, a lighter and a cigarette from the worktop. The boy left via the back door and made off.
“It is understood that he had attempted to break into the shed in the garden as well.”
The boy is described as 16-17 years old, white, about 5ft 5ins and of medium build. He wore a light grey hooded top, light denim jeans and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area and saw someone matching this description is asked to call Detective Constable Beverley Culloden at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Detectives are also investigating two burglaries in Brandon, not connected to the Bury incident.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
The first burglary happened in Cedar way between 4am and 5pm on Friday November 30.
The property was broken into via a back door and a search was made. A number of items were stolen from within, including a Tom Tom sat nav, Buddha ornament, WWI bayonet in a leather holster, three antique teddy bears and 15 WWII medals.
The second incident happened in St Benedicts Road between 6.15am and 3.40pm, also on Friday. Again the property was broken in from the rear and a search was made of the house. Items including cash, a Burberry handbag, jewellery (watches, rings and necklace), a Blackberry, an iPhone, a Sony Experia phone, two Kodak cameras, a Panasonic Lumix camera and a Hewlett Packard laptop were stolen.
If you were in the area and saw any suspicious activity, have any information about the whereabouts of the items or have been offered the items to buy you are asked to call Detective Constable Claire Burgess at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.