Top honour for cadet who is 'always going the extra mile'
- Credit: Suffolk Army Cadet Force
A "role model for young people" is celebrating after being appointed the Lord Lieutenant’s Cadet for the Suffolk Army Cadet Force.
Cadet Sgt Dominic Smith, of the Minden Detachment at Bury St Edmunds, was presented with the honour by Lady Euston, who is the current Lord Lieutenant of Suffolk.
Cadet Sgt Smith was appointed to the position in a virtual ceremony last week.
Leading Cadet James Pelham of the Sea Cadet Corps in Beccles and Cadet Flight Sergeant Alfie Lack in Felixstowe have also been made Lord Lieutenant's cadets.
SSgt John Tillotson, Minden Detachment Commander, described Cadet Sgt Smith as "a young role model for young people" who is "always going the extra mile to help others out".
You may also want to watch:
He added: "I am extremely proud of what he has achieved. We are a new Detachment, affiliated to the Royal Anglian Regiment that started in the Army Reserve Centre.
"A few months before lockdown, Dominic moved over from XI Flight with me to help me start the new Detachment up and his commitment and hard work has helped us set the foundations."
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune