Bury St Edmunds: Fire at restaurant in Woolhall Street
Firefighters were today called out in Bury St Edmunds after a fire at a restaurant.
The blaze was reported at 12.17pm after a fire broke out at LP in the flue of a pizza oven.
The incident happened at the top of Woolhall Street and three fire engines were sent, inclluding a turntable ladder from Bury.
Firefighters used hoses to put out the fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk fire service said flames had issued from the flue at the roof level.
You may also want to watch:
Crews armed with hosereels later checked the roof area to make sure the fire had not spread inside. The incident was declared over by fire fighters at 1.36pm today.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return