Bury St Edmunds: Male cyclist taken to hospital with serious injuries after crash
A busy road was closed after a crash involving a push bike and a car.
The crash happened in Tayfen Road, Bury St Edmunds. Police were called by the ambulance service to the scene at about 1.40pm.
The male cyclist was taken to hospital as it was believed he had life-threatening injuries.
But a spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the injuries are now thought to be less serious.
Police had to close the road both ways at Springfield Road and a diversion was in operation via St Andrew’s Street.
You may also want to watch:
Bus routes 84 and 86 were affected by the incident.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'