Bury St Edmunds: Man and woman guilty of raid in which Suffolk jeweller murdered
TWO people have been found guilty of being involved in a raid in which a Suffolk jeweller was stabbed to death.
Peter Avis, 66, was killed in the flat above his Bury St Edmunds shop in January.
Today a jury at Ipswich Crown Court found Pawel Borowiecki, 31, of Roslyn Road, London, and Aleksandra Karpiuk, 27, of Lake Avenue, Bury St Edmunds, guilty of conspiracy to burgle.
Another man, Pyotr Melaniuk, has already admitted murder and burglary.
Ms Karpiuk was also found guilty of a charge of assisting an offender.
You may also want to watch:
The pair will be sentenced at a later date.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field