Bury St Edmunds man handed 16 year sentence for rape of woman
A Bury St Edmunds man accused of raping a woman has been given a 16-year jail sentence after being found guilty.
Krzysztof Hapek, 32, of Scarlin Road in Bury St Edmunds, denied two counts of raping a woman, claiming the pair had had consensual sex.
The trial heard the allegations that he had forced the woman to perform oral sex on him and slapped her in the face before raping her and ignoring her cries to stop.
Hapek’s trial heard that he told police the woman liked role-playing and fantasised about having sex with a stranger.
The prosecution also claimed that during the attack he had tried to tie the woman’s hands together with a towel.
You may also want to watch:
He was found guilty by a jury during his trial in October, and at Ipswich Crown Court this morning was given a 16 year jail sentence, 12 years of which will be a custodial sentence.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches