Bury St Edmunds: Moreton Hall Pub hails parking charges a success after nine months
- Credit: Archant
A pub has vowed to keep parking charges that have stopped people from using its car park while shopping and visiting elsewhere.
The Moreton Hall in Bury St Edmunds introduced the measures nine months ago after customers repeatedly found themselves without a space despite the pub’s ample amount of car parking.
Drivers are charged £2 to park their car at the pub for three hours, although pub customers get the money refunded. The pub is located near to a Tesco Express, which has only a handful of spaces, and doctor’s surgery.
A spokeswoman from Ember Inns, which runs the pub, said: “The charge was introduced about nine months ago, in response to comments from our customers who told us they were having difficulty parking in the pub’s car park because it was full – even though the pub wasn’t.
“The charge is helping so we’ve got no plans to change anything for now.
“It’s really helping our more elderly customers, who were having to park in another car park and walk to our pub.”
- 1 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 2 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 3 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 4 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 7 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson