Bury St Edmunds: Police ask public to keep look out for missing Christopher Swindell
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are reappealing for the public’s help to find missing man Christopher Swindell.
The 50-year-old left his home in Brockesby Walk, Bury St Edmunds, at around 5am on Monday to get a replacement battery for his car but did not return and has not been in contact since.
His wife later received a call to say his mobile phone had been found by a walker on a footpath near to the A143 between Bury St Emdunds and Horringer.
An earlier media appeal resulted in a member of the public confirming they saw a man matching Mr Swindell’s description walking along the A143.
It is also believed he could be in the Cambridge area as reports have indicated he was given a lift to the A11 at Cherry Hinton and dropped off at the Four Went Ways services at around 3.40pm on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Inspector Paul Bradford said: “We are encouraged by the response we have had from the public so far, but we remain concerned for Christopher’s welfare.
“As we enter the weekend with large numbers of people likely to be out shopping in both Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge I’d urge shoppers to keep on the look out.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
“Our enquiries continue in both Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge and we have been busy distributing posters in both areas which provide a useful visual tool for the public, but would ask anyone to call us if they know of his whereabouts or have seen a man matching Christopher’s description.”
Mr Swindell is white, of stocky build, around 5ft 10ins tall and with dark shaven hair.
He was wearing a black thigh length fleece jacket, a black jumper with thin white stripes, dark jeans, a black beanie hat and dark blue trainers.
Call 101 with information.