Bury St Edmunds: Police hunt 26-year-old Dale Roberts in connection with assault on woman
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to trace a man wanted in connection with a domestic-related assault in west Suffolk.
Officers said a woman in her 20s was punched and kicked outside her home in Bury St Edmunds shortly after 3.30pm on Saturday, August 16, by a man who then allegedly threatened to set fire to her house.
Dale Roberts is being sought by detectives who want to speak to him in connection with the assault allegation.
The 26-year-old unemployed man is known to have connections in the Sudbury and Bury area.
Investigating officer, Dc Matt Ross said: “We have been trying to find Dale Roberts for the past few weeks following various information we have been given, but we have been unable to locate him.
“We are now turning to the public via the media to help us arrest him.
“We want to question him about the incident in Bury where the woman was attacked outside her home.
- 1 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 2 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 3 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 4 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 5 Missing 66-year-old woman from west Suffolk found safe
- 6 Woman in her 70s dies after serious crash in Hadleigh
- 7 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 8 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
“We’re sure he knows we are looking for him so we would also urge him to contact us.”
Roberts is described as white, of medium build, approximately 5ft 10ins tall and has a tattoo on his left wrist.
Anyone with information is urged to contact detectives at Bury police station on 101, quoting BU/14/2324, or Crimestoppers – anonymously if required – on 0800 555111.