Man arrested in connection with two robbery offences including Tesco knifepoint raid
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a knife point robbery at a Tesco Express and an attempted robbery at a Spar the very next day.
The first incident happened at around 5.30am on Monday March 23 at the Tesco Express in Lawson Place, Bury St Edmunds.
Two men armed with knives entered the building where they grabbed hold of members of staff and threatened them.
The offenders stole cash, two mobile phones and the keys to a car belonging to a member of staff – a white Suzuki Alto which was located later that morning in Ashwell Road, Bury St Edmunds.
The second happened the next day at around 8pm at the Spar store in St Olaves Precinct in Bury.
You may also want to watch:
A man entered the store demanding staff place money in a bag – his demands were not met.
He made further demands for alcohol and cigarettes, making reference to a ‘blade’ however, no weapons were seen during the incident.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
The staff were not harmed.
On the afternoon of Monday, March 30 police arrested a 30-year-old man, of no fixed address, on suspicion of two counts of robbery.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for anyone with information about these incidents to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station, quoting the references: 17558/20 (in respect of Tesco) or 17919/20 (in respect of Spar).