Brave shop staff foil would-be robber who claimed to be armed with weapon
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a convenience shop in Bury St Edmunds were threatened by a man claiming to have a blade during an attempted robbery.
The incident happened just before 8pm on Tuesday, March 24 at the Spar Store in St Olaves Precinct.
A man entered the store demanding the staff put money into a bag for him> However, staff refused.
When they said no, he instead asked for alcohol and cigarettes and made reference to using a “blade”.
No weapons were brandished or seen during the incident and no-one was harmed.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white, approximately 5ft 10in tall and of a stocky build.
He was wearing a dark-coloured hooded top, with the hood up, and a black scarf covering his mouth and nose.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
He was wearing grey trainers with white soles.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station, quoting reference 37/17919/20.