Bury St Edmunds: Students see work pay off
A STUDENT from County Upper School in Bury St Edmunds is one of the top performing students in west Suffolk after pulling off 11 A*s and an A for his GCSEs.
Aidan Campbell, 16, from Bury, achieved the A*s in maths , English literature, English language, chemistry, physics, biology, history, French, art, religious studies and Spanish and the A was for music.
He said: the results were much better than he expected.
“I just guess I worked hard and tried to enjoy myself when I could and tried to fit everything in as best I could.”
Aidan said he wants to go to university, but is not yet sure what career path to take.
You may also want to watch:
Other outstanding students from schools in the town include Michael Nicholls and Ellie Walker from St Benedict’s Catholic School who achieved 19 A*s between them, Zoe Parsons from County Upper School with 10A*s and Sam Rees who obtained five A*s, three As and a C.
Sam, from Bury, said: “It’s nice for all the work to pay off really.”
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster