Bury St Edmunds: The real Darth Vader from the Star Wars films is coming to Moyse’s Hall Museum
- Credit: Contributed
The actor who played one of Hollywood’s most famous villains will meet the public in Bury St Edmunds to mark the start of a sci-fi exhibition.
David Prowse, who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy, will be attending the opening weekend of Time & Space at Moyse’s Hall Museum on October 25 and 26.
It is the fifth time the museum has held its two-week exhibition, which runs until November 9.
Louise Jameson, who played Leela, the companion to Tom Baker’s 4th Dr in Doctor Who, will also be visiting on November 1.
Mr Prowse, 79, who also played roles in TV sci-fi classics such as The Tomorrow People and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, said: “I’m very much looking forward to meeting the people of west Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“The Moyse’s Hall exhibition sounds impressive, most impressive, and I am looking forward to meeting Star Wars and science fiction fans from all over the region.”
Lance Alexander, of St Edmundsbury Borough Council, said: “We’re very excited about this year’s exhibition and to have stars from both Star Wars and Doctor Who come along is something very special.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M