Bus catches fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called out in the early hours of the morning after a bus caught alight.

James Hore

FIREFIGHTERS were called out in the early hours of the morning after a bus caught alight.

The incident happened on the A414 Ongar Road in Chelmsford when the driver noticed smoke coming from his engine.

Two crews from Chelmsford fire station attended and quickly put out the blaze which is believed to have started when an electrical fault caused a diesel pump to ignite.


You may also want to watch:


The incident, which happened close to the driver's depot, was dealt with quickly and no-one was injured.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus