Replacement buses in place on the rail network today
- Credit: Archant
Rail travellers in Suffolk and Essex will discover today that their journeys will be mainly by road as buses are set to replace regular services.
A raft of changes have been forced to have been made by Greater Anglia with many people having to swap from rail to road owing to engineering work on the tracks.
There is a bus service between Chelmsford and Colchester with a revised train timetable operating between Colchester and Clacton/Ipswich/Norwich.
And buses will replace trains between Ingatestone, Marks Tey, Colchester and between Witham and Braintree.
Meanwhile, the service between Ipswich and Felixstowe will be replaced by buses all day.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said the work was being carried out south of Ingatestone between Shenfield and Stratford to renew the track.
And the Ipswich Felixstowe closure was ongoing work to upgrade the track into an additional line
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 8 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
to make it a double track to cater for the freight traffic to the Port of Felixstowe.
He added that it would be closed for future Sundays to allow the work to contine.
For more details go to https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/service-alterations/london-liverpool-street-colchester-ipswich-norwich-and-422