‘Landmark’ seaside restaurant building goes up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A well-known restaurant building in the heart of a popular coastal town has gone on the market.
152 High Street in Aldeburgh – opposite the Golden Galleon fish and chip shop – is being offered up for sale through estate agents Savills.
The ground floor of the building was previously home to restaurants including 152 and the East Coast Café.
As well as a dining area and bar, the building includes a commercial kitchen, customer toilets and space for storage together with a separate retail unit.
MORE – Floating restaurant owners celebrate ‘exciting’ bubble relaunch after securing grant aidIt is currently being used as a temporary pop up restaurant by London eatery L’Escargot sur mer.
Permission has been granted to turn the first and second floors from offices into four one-bedroom flats.
You may also want to watch:
Savills agent Thomas Higgins said the building offered “an excellent development and investment opportunity” with lots of potential.
“The property is in a prime spot in the centre of town with the added advantage of being next to a walkway that leads from the high street to the beach. We are expecting plenty of interest,” he said.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
There is no official guide price and offers are invited.