‘Landmark’ seaside restaurant building goes up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A well-known restaurant building in the heart of a popular coastal town has gone on the market.
152 High Street in Aldeburgh – opposite the Golden Galleon fish and chip shop – is being offered up for sale through estate agents Savills.
The ground floor of the building was previously home to restaurants including 152 and the East Coast Café.
As well as a dining area and bar, the building includes a commercial kitchen, customer toilets and space for storage together with a separate retail unit.
MORE – Floating restaurant owners celebrate ‘exciting’ bubble relaunch after securing grant aidIt is currently being used as a temporary pop up restaurant by London eatery L’Escargot sur mer.
Permission has been granted to turn the first and second floors from offices into four one-bedroom flats.
You may also want to watch:
Savills agent Thomas Higgins said the building offered “an excellent development and investment opportunity” with lots of potential.
“The property is in a prime spot in the centre of town with the added advantage of being next to a walkway that leads from the high street to the beach. We are expecting plenty of interest,” he said.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
There is no official guide price and offers are invited.