Character pubs in the Suffolk Country Inns group on the mnarket
- Credit: Chrstie & Co
Which two Suffolk inns in the Stour Valley- popular with tourists - have been put up for sale?
Two historic pubs in Suffolk, The Angel Inn at Stoke by Nayland and The Anchor Inn, Nayland are up for sale through business property agents, Christie & Co.
The picturesque venues form part of the Suffolk Country Inns group and are both ideally placed in rural settings close to the Stour Valley and the Dedham Vale, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beaut.
With local attractions including the National Trust’s Flatford Mill amd Cottage, Munnings Art Museum at Dedham and the River Stour, these pubs perfectly placed to serve the tourist trade.
A spokesman for Chrstie & Co said the owners had decided to move on to concentrate on other business interest in south west of the country.
The Angel Inn, a 16th century Grade II listed property, has a prime position in the village of Stoke by Nayland. It has classic features with open fires, original brickwork and oak beams. The inn has a main lounge with bar servery for 52 covers, a separate bar area for 22 covers, further dining areas for an additional 30 covers, and guest accommodation on the first floor with six boutique en suite double bedrooms.
The Anchor Inn has a prominent riverside position, a unique setting by the River Stour at Nayland.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
Anthony Jenkins of Christie & Co said: “Both The Angel and The Anchor are established and well invested businesses which enjoy strong local reputations for quality food with huge potential to further develop the revenue streams.
“These highly successful venues are perfect for first time independent buyers looking to immerse themselves in rural Suffolk life in the heart of Constable country, or existing operators looking to make a quality addition to their portfolio.
“With two such properties in a desirable and popular area of the country and its thriving tourism bolstering local leisure and hospitality businesses, we expect a high level of interest and excitement over their introduction to the market.”
Christie & Co is seeking £1.395m for the freehold interest of The Angel and £895,000 for The Anchor.