Woodland next to golf course goes up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk woodland containing sweet chestnut, wild cherry, field maple, rowan, ash, birch and pine has come on the market with a guide price of £200,000.
Bromeswell Wood near Woodbridge is being sold through land agents Landbridge and is available as a whole or in two parcels.
The 24-acre woodland, which lies south of the village of Bromeswell, adjoins Woodbridge Golf Course to the west and is reached by a track opposite the Orford Road/Eyke junction.
Up until the late 1980s the land was farmed within an arable cropping rotation, explained Landbridge.
MORE – ‘True country gentleman’ notches up 60 years working for the same family estateThe woodland was created as part of a Forestry Commission Farm Woodland Scheme, which expired in February 2019.
The soil is described as deep, well drained, sandy soil. Thee are some very acid soils with bleach subsurface, especially under woodland, agents said.
You may also want to watch:
The two parcels of land are divided by the access track.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors