Adastral Park: Innovation Martlesham signs up to ‘Festival of Code”
INNOVATION Martlesham, the cluster of high-tech companies located at BT’s Adastral Park, has joined a national initiative which aims to encourage more young people to learn the coding skills which underpin digital technology.
Young Rewired State (YRS), which held its first “Festival of Code” in 2009, aims to attract a record 500 participants to this year’s event, which is being hosted by 50 regional centres, including Innovation Martlesham, from August 6 to 12.
YRS founder Emma Mulqueeny said: “Our primary focus is to find, foster and challenge the young children and teenagers who are driven to teach themselves how to code.
“We offer them the support that is missing from schools and colleges by providing mentors, broadening their horizons and introducing them to a network of like-minded peers.”
The event starts with the young people, aged up to 18, building digital products at the regional centres. They will then meet in Birmingham where they will make presentations to a live audience, with prizes for the best projects.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to be hosting this event to engage with local students interested in coding,” said David Ralph, Innovation Martlesham chairman.
“As a high-tech cluster of ICT companies, Innovation Martlesham is eager to engage with young people to encourage their technical skills for the future of the ICT and other high-tech sectors in our area and throughout the country.”
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
For full details of eligibility and to sign up, visit www.youngrewiredstate.org . The deadline for registration is noon on Friday, August 3.