Adnams celebrates International Beer Challenge award for Jack Brand range
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Southwold brewer Adnams has won a trophy at the 2015 International Beer Challenge (IBC) for the design of its Jack Brand range of craft beers.
Adnams also received two silver medals, for its Broadside and Dry Hopped Lager beers, and a bronze, for its Crystal Rye IPA, while five beers brewed exclusively by the company for Marks & Spencer also achieved recognition in the form of one gold, three silvers and a bronze.
The Jack Brand, originally derived from the “clock jack” character on Southwold church, was first adopted by Adnams in 1912 and was revived two years ago with the launch of Innovation IPA.
The range now also includes Dry Hopped Lager (for which Adnams won a gold medal in last year’s IBC awards), Crystal Rye IPA, Mosaic Pale Ale and a limited edition Smoked Ruby Beer.
This years IBC awards attracted a record total of 92 entries in the Design and Packaging category, with the Jack Brand labelling and packaging, created Lee Cook from the CookChick design agency, claiming the “Best Range” honour.
Mr Cook said: “A historic Adnams beer bottle, found in the brewery cellars was used as the inspiration for the new range of beers from Adnams.”
He added: “The simplicity of design and pairing of unexpected, yet complementary, colours creates a strikingly individual look for this collection.”
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 MP 'looking into' frustrating and disruptive A12 roadworks
Emma Hibbert, Adnams’ marketing director, said: “We are absolutely delighted that our Jack Brand beers have been recognised as the ‘Best Range’ at the IBC awards, in the Design and Packaging category.
“When we introduced Adnams Jack Brand we wanted to achieve a design that celebrated over 140 years of Adnams’ brewing heritage in Southwold, while at the same time introducing a contemporary new look.
“We have received some terrific feedback from our customers about the range who have commented that the vibrant colours look great on the shelf, in the fridge and in hand. We look forward to adding more beers to the collection in the coming months.”