Aldeburgh: New Marybelle/Friday Street ice cream is a lesson in farming collaboration
A SUFFOLK take on the traditional Eton Mess dessert, first served by Eton College, has been launched by two farming enterprises.
Friday Street Farm near Aldeburgh in Suffolk and Marybelle Dairy at Rendham have joined forces to produce Friday’s Mess, an ice cream containing raspberries picked at Friday Street, meringue and milk from the Marybelle cows.
George Bradley, head of retail development at Friday Street said: “We are absolutely delighted to be launching such an exciting new product in time for the summer. Our relationship with Marybelle is longstanding and to be able to stock our own exclusive flavour using raspberries picked here is fantastic.”
He added: “Retail is going through a tough time at the moment and farm shops are constantly under threat from big multiple chains, but we hope that by working closely with our suppliers to make fantastic products, that our customers will continue to choose to shop with us,” he said.
Staff members are being offered a free tub of ice cream to celebrate the launch.
You may also want to watch:
Marybelle’s customer relations manager Katherine Manning said: “Marybelle are thrilled to be launching a great new flavour with Friday Street, inspired by the delicious raspberries grown there on the farm. It’s a treat you won’t want to miss out on.’
Friday’s Mess will be available exclusively under Marybelle’s Suffolk Meadow brand. It is on sale in the farm shop and caf� restaurant.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season