Paralympian Wendy Smith inspires businesses
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of visitors at the Anglia Business Exhibition at Copdock near Ipswich.
Business people from across the region converged on the Best Western Hotel, Copdock, Ipswich today for the Anglia Business Exhibition.
The annual event is among the largest business-to-business get-togethers in the region,
The event, organised by the Ipswich and Suffolk Small Business Association, focuses on the SME sector, with many independent and growing businesses taking part each year.
Hundreds of people from across the business community attended, with 100 businesses exhibiting.
You may also want to watch:
The event is supported by strategic partners Ipswich Borough Council and Suffolk County Council.
It was a chance for firms to showcase and share details of their products and services, and there were lots of networking opportunities to explore the chances of companies linking together.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
New this year was a section of speed networking sessions.
The event was opened by former GB Paralympian Wendy Smith, from Tiptree, who almost lost her life in a motorcycle accident at the age of 17, and was told she would never walk again.
Wendy went on to represent her country in wheelchair basketball, and is now a business trainer and inspirational speaker, working in a wide range of businesses, in the public and private sector, including helping with teacher training.
Ms Smith spoke to guests about he life journey at a business breakfast before touring the exhibition.