At the sign of the prancing horse
- Credit: Ferrari North Europe
It’s one of the most famous names in motoring, and motor racing. Now Ferrari is opening the doors to new apprentices in the UK - and there are opportunities in Colchester.
Across the country a dozen Ferrari dealers are holding apprenticeship open days, on Saturday March 9 during natinal apprenticeship week.
Lancaster Ferrari and Maserati, in Colchester, is one of them.
Lancaster is opening its doors to youngsters from local high schools, from 9am to noon on the day.
Students from selected schools in their area, and their parents, are invited to visit the workshop and learn about Ferrari technology and potential job opportunities in their local dealership.
You may also want to watch:
The Ferrari North Europe Apprentice programme is ideal for those who have achieved at least 5 GCSEs and are interested in working at an official Ferrari dealer.
The apprenticeship roles are:
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 6 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 9 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
• Service Technician – 3 year apprenticeship
• Service Advisor – 2 year apprenticeship
• Parts Advisor – 2 year apprenticeship
Each of these roles includes full-time employment at an official Ferrari dealership, with on-the-job training carried out under the eye of Ferrari master technicians.
Ferrari North Europe also provides additional classroom, theory and practical training at the company’s Training Centre in Berkshire.
A spokesman for Ferrari said many young people who start out as apprentices use it as a basis for a career in the profession, subsequently moving on to other roles in the business such as workshop manager, service manager or sales executive.
To find out more contact the local dealership.