Archant to support new property portal OnTheMarket.com
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Community media group Archant has announced plans to support a major new property portal, OnTheMarket.com, which went live this week.
More than 4,000 estate and letting agent offices are supporting the venture, the consumer portal brand of Agents’ Mutual, an agent-owned business designed to offer more choice into the property portals market beyond players such as Rightmove.com, Zoopla, and Primelocation.
Archant is one of the largest publishers of regional newspapers – including the EADT and Ipswich Star – and lifestyle magazines in the country with more than 50 newspaper titles and associated digital media, including its own property portal homes24.co.uk powered by Zoopla, which it will continue to partner with to provide its own property search facilities, accessible via all its newspaper websites.
However, the business said it would back the new portal with advertising space across all Archant newspapers and magazines to promote the OnTheMarket.com brand in the lead-up to its launch and beyond.
Johnny Hustler, Archant executive director, said: “The property market continues to be a key focus for us, both in print and online. We want to have the best local content. Estate and letting agents hold the key to some of the most valuable content in the form of the details of the properties they are marketing for their clients. We’ve seen more and more of our agent advertisers signing up to OnTheMarket.com and we envisage it growing rapidly in the market. We see a major opportunity for our consumers, for our business, for our agent advertisers and for OnTheMarket.com by supporting the venture in a practical way.
You may also want to watch:
“Agents have fantastic content. We reach property-searchers who are actively in the market. There’s clearly a win-win opportunity if we work smartly together to harness the content in a way that is appealing to consumers, value-adding to our advertisers and of course profitable and brand-enhancing for our own nationwide stable of publications and websites.”
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Vandals set light to seafront toilets