Cannon BMW to become `largest BMW Motorrad retailer in the South’
- Credit: Fenn Wright
Growing Braintree-based Cannon BMW motorcycles is on the move to the former Big Cars showroom in Witham, where there will be a new cafe and a ride-in service reception.
Award-winning Cannon BMW has had 12 years based at the Power Station in Braintree.
The independent business was started 20 years ago by hushand and wife team Bill and Sue Cannon, keen bikers themselves.
The deal, managed by agents Fenn Wright, will enable Cannon BMW to expand its offering to include a range of fully electric Zero Motorcycles, as well as a new café, designed and run by bikers.
The new premises will also be the first of the BMW Motorrad network to offer a ride-in service reception.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Cannon, owner of the Cannon BMW dealership, which won the accolade of BMW Motorrad Retailer of the Year 2017 said:
“We had outgrown our current premises and were keen to offer existing and new clients a far wider brand experience.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
“We will be sad to leave the Power Station, which was originally built in 1917 to supply electricity for the surrounding industrial site and still features the original chimney. It is in a great location and has a striking, eye-catching appearance but it simply isn’t large enough to house our future ambitions.
“By contrast, the Witham premises will make us the largest BMW Motorrad retailer in the South.
“We have 6,000 sq ft here and will have 14,000 sq ft, all on one level and undeer cover. We have a few quirky things planned, and open the first week in September.
“This expansion is particularly exciting as it will also see us become the first dealership to showcase Zero Motorcycle, which will be supported by our unique ride-in service reception. Add to that our new Café Torque and motorcyclists can expect more than our usual excellent customer service following our move to Witham.”
Set to move at the end of August, Cannon BMW will be relocating existing staff to the Witham site, and they are currently recruiting for the café.
The busy dealership will be more than doubling its retail space with the move into the 14,000 sq ft Witham site.
As part of the move, Cannon BMW has put its Braintree premises on the market with Fenn Wright.