Awards double for Colchester-based bride and groom outfitters
- Credit: Archant
Colchester-based weddings specialist Abigail’s Collection & The Groom’s Room has scored a double success in the East of England round of the Wedding Industry Awards.
The business, run by Abi Neill and her husband Rob, carried off both the Best Bridal Retailer and Best Menswear Retail titles at the ceremony, which took place at Manor Mews, Tattersett, near King’s Lynn.
Together with other regional winners from around the country, Abigail’s Collection & The Groom’s Room will now go forward to the national finals of the awards which are to be held in London on January 15.
Abi Neill said: “We’re all genuinely passionate about delivering a high level of customer service and winning these awards, which are based on customer votes and customer feedback, is testament to how hard our team work to really ensure that customers enjoy a special shopping experience with us.
“The whole team is completely over the moon. We’re really proud of this achievement and want to say a massive thank you to our customers for making this possible; hundreds of them voted, we just can’t believe it!”
You may also want to watch:
Rob Neill said he believed the business’s twin bridal and menswear hire offer was a key element in its success.
“Our bridal business and menswear hire concept is really unique and along with fantastic products we’re completely focused on delivering an exceptional customer experience,” he said.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Inside Suffolk's own Repair Shop
“The bridal industry is a very competitive business and there is a large number of wedding shops in our town so we have to make sure that we stand out from the crowd. We want to be the very best we can be and these awards give us the opportunity to be assessed and judged against other successful businesses.
“The whole process certainly puts you through your paces but it’s been worthwhile and we’re totally delighted with the result.”
Damian Bailey, founder of the Wedding Industry Awards, said: “The Wedding Industry Awards really have become the gold standard for wedding excellence in this country and, as our regional award ceremony at Manor Mews proved, the wedding industry in the East of England is packed full of passionate, innovative and committed wedding suppliers.”