Baby box makers celebrate major milestone with online launch
- Credit: Archant
Two entrepreneurs who created an ethical baby brand just two years ago are celebrating after their product was launched online with a major retailer.
Dedham-based British Baby Box co-founders Sarah Simons and Susan Purse said they were “over the moon” after their Adorable Baby Box was featured on John Lewis online.
The two mothers, who founded the firm in 2015 and made their first sale two years ago, are expecting sales to soar this year as the concept takes off.
The brand, based on the Finnish baby box concept, has gone from strength to strength in the last two years.
It is based on an 80-year-old custom, which began when the Finnish state began gifting all new mothers with a baby box, an idea which the pair embraced with their own baby box concept.
You may also want to watch:
Co-founder Ms Simons said: “As two mothers who put our children before anything else, we knew that a product that kept a baby safe and snug was going to be a sure-fire hit.
“We’ve worked extremely hard on developing beautiful, organic baby boxes so we’re over the moon to be recognised by a leading UK retailer.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
Within the last 18 months, the business has more than tripled its revenue after it secured a major government contract. It has also collaborated with charities worldwide.
Now the company is expecting a record-breaking year, with the launch of British Baby Box on John Lewis online, which is already seeing sales.
British Baby Box has been at the forefront of campaigning for new safety standards in the UK for baby boxes.
The firm has also provided free boxes to babies left homeless from the Grenfell Tower fire tragedy, and provided more than 1,600 boxes to Syrian refugees delivered by charity partner Save The Children.
The brand focuses on creating beautiful, organic and durable gifts for newborn babies.
The original British Baby Box is an award-winning, custom-designed bed, based on the long-standing Finnish Tradition.
It is suitable for sleeping, napping and resting, the company says.
The idea is that once the baby has outgrown the baby box, it can be reused as a keepsake, toy box or storage box for baby clothes.