Barclays Retail and Business Banking to create 1,000 apprenticeships
BARCLAYS Retail and Business Banking said today it would be creating 1,000 new apprenticeships.
The banking group said the new drive would provide opportunities for young people currently struggling to find work, with recruitment being based on aptitude and attitude rather than experience and qualifications in order to focus on those not currently in employment, education or training.
Successful applicants would receive 12 months’ training and support, and progress to a permanent position. During their training, apprentices would also work to achieve a qualification in financial services similar to an NVQ, a BTEC award in customer service, and qualifications in numeracy and literacy.
Roles would be based across England and Wales including many at operational and contact centres in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sunderland, Birmingham, London, Northampton and Coventry, but there would also be roles available in branches within the eastern region, it added.
Antony Jenkins, chief executive of Barclays Retail and Business Banking, said: “Tackling youth unemployment is one of the biggest challenges facing the UK economy.
You may also want to watch:
“As a large employer we want to create opportunities which raise young people’s skills and aspirations, and help them to support future prosperity.
“We are really excited about this programme because it will give many young people their vital first job opportunity. We want to hear from young people with excellent aptitude and attitude to start and build their career with Barclays.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents