Burger King reopens on A14 - and satisfies cravings for the Whopper
- Credit: PA
A reopened Burger King is helping people satisfy their lockdown fast food cravings.
Burger King at Beacon Hill services - at the A14/A140 interchange near Needham Market - reopened this week with social distancing measures in place.
Site manager Shannon Jarrold said business was taking a while to pick up but the store was selling more Whopper burgers than normal.
She said: “We’re getting a lot of people saying they’ve really craved a Whopper – because that’s what we’re known for.
“They’re definitely picking them more than normal. Some people have been coming in saying ‘I’ve really needed one of these’.”
You may also want to watch:
There are only three staff currently working at the restaurant to ensure they can stay two metres apart.
The restaurant has also installed sneeze guards at the tills and signs reminding people to keep two metres apart, in order to stop the spread of the virus.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
It is operating under reduced opening hours of 11.30am to 8pm, seven days a week.
The services also includes a Travelodge, a petrol station and a Greggs.
Let us know your lockdown craving by completing our poll.