Bedford Lodge in Newmarket accepted as Pride of Britain Hotels member
- Credit: Archant
Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa has been accepted into the Pride of Britain Hotels consortium, one of the most sought-after hotel membership organisations in the UK.
The Pride of Britain Hotels syndicate is a not for profit organisation recognising hotels that have a longstanding reputation for excellence.
It consists of never more than 50 independent, mostly family-owned, luxury hotels with current members ranging in size from 11 to more than 140 rooms.
Noel Byrne, chief executive at Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa, said: “Many hotels are rejected at the initial application stage so it is an honour to be welcomed into this prestigious group of hotels.
“In order to achieve acceptance into the Pride of Britain Hotels group, the hotel had to pass the rigorous application process and a mystery shopper visit, the results of which highlighted the impeccable standards we ensure are maintained at all times throughout the hotel.”
You may also want to watch:
Bedford Lodge is a privately owned, four red star hotel located in Newmarket. It is set in three acres of secluded rose gardens, with the main 17th Century house having originally been built as a hunting lodge for the Duke of Bedford. It was converted into a hotel the 1940s and has enjoyed decades of success ever since.
It was accepted into Pride of Britain Hotels following a unanimous decision by the consortium board.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
Mr Byrne added: “Joining the Pride of Britain Hotels group formally recognises our established reputation for excellence and we look forward to working with like-minded hoteliers who share our passion for great hospitality.
“Whether our customers’ visits are for business or pleasure, they can be assured of the highest standards of service from the dedicated team at Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa who work tirelessly to ensure every customer has a stay they will never forget for all the right reasons.”