Birketts advises on new London store
- Credit: Stokke
Birketts advises on new flagship Stokke store at Westfield in London
Birketts has advised Stokke on its flagship store in the new £600m retail extension at Westfield London in White City: Europe’s largest shopping centre.
The Norwegian manufacturer of children’s furniture and acessories wanted a store designed to reflect the very essence of the brand.
Top 100 law firm Birketts advised on all legal matters with Melissa Loucas, Head of Retail at Birketts leading the transaction. Assistance was provided by colleagues Andrew Ridout, Laura Jones and Edward Long.
Stokke AS was founded in Norway in 1932 and provides worldwide distribution of premium children furniture and equipment. Stokke designs smart, sustainable products that promote bonding and healthy development for children and their families.
Melissa Loucas, head of retail and partner in Birketts’ commercial property team said: “I am delighted that we have been able to advise Stokke on this exciting new venture. We were able to draw upon our sector expertise and marry that with a multi-disciplined team to finalise all matters within the agreed timeframe.”
Melissa continued: “This transaction demonstrates Birketts’ retail and property expertise. Despite ongoing reports of restructurings, store closures and diminishing sales, we are working with a number of retailers who have boldly announced expansion plans both internationally and in the UK.”
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 9 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Kieron Dyer is in reception... Yes, he's on crutches'
Calum MacGregor, area sales manager for Stokke added: ““We selected Birketts to advise as we wanted to work with commercially-minded lawyers who understand the challenges of our sector. In every instruction I received sound advice; with a team who are solutions focussed, diligent and knowledgeable. This, combined with swift response times and crystal clear communication, have ensured our continued confidence in a high level of service being provided.”