Birketts advises on new London store
- Credit: Stokke
Birketts advises on new flagship Stokke store at Westfield in London
Birketts has advised Stokke on its flagship store in the new £600m retail extension at Westfield London in White City: Europe’s largest shopping centre.
The Norwegian manufacturer of children’s furniture and acessories wanted a store designed to reflect the very essence of the brand.
Top 100 law firm Birketts advised on all legal matters with Melissa Loucas, Head of Retail at Birketts leading the transaction. Assistance was provided by colleagues Andrew Ridout, Laura Jones and Edward Long.
Stokke AS was founded in Norway in 1932 and provides worldwide distribution of premium children furniture and equipment. Stokke designs smart, sustainable products that promote bonding and healthy development for children and their families.
You may also want to watch:
Melissa Loucas, head of retail and partner in Birketts’ commercial property team said: “I am delighted that we have been able to advise Stokke on this exciting new venture. We were able to draw upon our sector expertise and marry that with a multi-disciplined team to finalise all matters within the agreed timeframe.”
Melissa continued: “This transaction demonstrates Birketts’ retail and property expertise. Despite ongoing reports of restructurings, store closures and diminishing sales, we are working with a number of retailers who have boldly announced expansion plans both internationally and in the UK.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
Calum MacGregor, area sales manager for Stokke added: ““We selected Birketts to advise as we wanted to work with commercially-minded lawyers who understand the challenges of our sector. In every instruction I received sound advice; with a team who are solutions focussed, diligent and knowledgeable. This, combined with swift response times and crystal clear communication, have ensured our continued confidence in a high level of service being provided.”