Boost for holiday lets firm
AN investment in new online search technology has helped an East Anglia-based holiday lets firm take advantage of the growth in domestic tourism.Suffolk Cottage Holidays Ltd, which pressed ahead with an upgrade of its search facilities despite the overall state of the economy, has reported a 10% increase in bookings so far this year.
AN investment in new online search technology has helped an East Anglia-based holiday lets firm take advantage of the growth in domestic tourism.
Suffolk Cottage Holidays Ltd, which pressed ahead with an upgrade of its search facilities despite the overall state of the economy, has reported a 10% increase in bookings so far this year.
Having seen 15% growth last year, the firm - which has more than 120 properties across Suffolk and Norfolk on its books - is now handling 25% more business compared with two years ago when the international holiday market was booming.
The website www.suffolkcottageholidays.com is owned by Suffolk Cottage Holidays, incorporating Big House Holidays, but the biggest growth has been at the smaller end of the market.
You may also want to watch:
The new search engine allows visitors find exactly the property they require right down to specifying a downstairs bedroom and bathroom for an elderly relative, a child-friendly garden or a sea view.
Lizzie Hammond, director for Suffolk Cottage Holidays, which is based at Alderton, near Woodbridge, said: “When booking a holiday for your family and friends, you don't want to leave anything to chance.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“We look after over 120 properties in Suffolk and Norfolk and over the years have really listened to what guests have requested. By offering such a bespoke holiday booking service, which is easy to use and offers luxurious holiday accommodation with a very reasonable price tag we find our guests return year after year.”