BPEX takes on Kirsty Walker as new head of marketing as Chris Lamb retires
Pig levy payer body BPEX has appointed a new Head of Marketing to replace Chris Lamb who is retiring at the end of February after more than 20 years in the industry.
Kirsty Walker comes from Arthritis Research UK where she was Policy, Communications and Brand Director and joins BPEX on April 30.
She said: “I did my MSc dissertation on the BSE crisis and I have always been interested in the food production process.
“I am really looking forward to working with BPEX. I know it is going to be both interesting and challenging with all that is going on in the pig industry at present.
“My aim is to prick the conscience of consumers when they are shopping because I don’t believe they give enough thought to what they are buying when they pick up some pork.”
You may also want to watch:
BPEX Director Mick Sloyan said: “Kirsty will be a valuable addition to the team and she brings with her experience which will be of benefit to BPEX and the wider industry.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car