Brewer launches 'beer diploma'
BEER 'students' are set to be given an online workout to test their brewing knowledge. Abbot Ale, made by Bury St Edmunds-based brewer Greene King, is launching an online qualification - as well as the possibility of grants to aspiring beer experts.
BEER 'students' are set to be given an online workout to test their brewing knowledge.
Abbot Ale, made by Bury St Edmunds-based brewer Greene King, is launching an online qualification - as well as the possibility of grants to aspiring beer experts.
Those who take the exam before Christmas will be entered into a draw and 100 would-be “scholars” will win a �10 “student” grant towards their beer training.
Greene King head brewer John Bexon says: “I'm proud to be the custodian of this absolutely classic ale; confess to being a keen Abbot drinker; and am endlessly fascinated by the nation's rich history of brewing and by facts about beer.
“This diploma helps to raise the profile of cask beer driving interest among pub goers, and giving anyone who shares a passion about beer the opportunity to learn more: There are plenty of fiendishly difficult questions as well as interesting tidbits of knowledge to share down the pub.”
To take the Abbot Beer Diploma and learn more about Abbot Ale and beer, visit www.abbotale.co.uk.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flypast to pass over Suffolk
Participants must be 18 or more.