Brewer launches 'beer diploma'
BEER 'students' are set to be given an online workout to test their brewing knowledge. Abbot Ale, made by Bury St Edmunds-based brewer Greene King, is launching an online qualification - as well as the possibility of grants to aspiring beer experts.
BEER 'students' are set to be given an online workout to test their brewing knowledge.
Abbot Ale, made by Bury St Edmunds-based brewer Greene King, is launching an online qualification - as well as the possibility of grants to aspiring beer experts.
Those who take the exam before Christmas will be entered into a draw and 100 would-be “scholars” will win a �10 “student” grant towards their beer training.
Greene King head brewer John Bexon says: “I'm proud to be the custodian of this absolutely classic ale; confess to being a keen Abbot drinker; and am endlessly fascinated by the nation's rich history of brewing and by facts about beer.
You may also want to watch:
“This diploma helps to raise the profile of cask beer driving interest among pub goers, and giving anyone who shares a passion about beer the opportunity to learn more: There are plenty of fiendishly difficult questions as well as interesting tidbits of knowledge to share down the pub.”
To take the Abbot Beer Diploma and learn more about Abbot Ale and beer, visit www.abbotale.co.uk.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Matchday Live: Lightning start for Town as Cook's men storm into three-goal lead
Participants must be 18 or more.